There are only 2 main ways to construct a floor slab – conventional cast-in-situ and the rib and block system that we here at Pro Rib and Block supply.
With a conventional concrete slab, all the components are assembled on site in mpumalanga and the entire concrete slab has to be shuttered and all of the concrete poured on site. The advantage is that large spans unsupported can then be achieved with cast-in-situ concrete slabs but are usually much more expensive than alternative rib and block systems.
Rib and block systems have the beams and blocks precast and delivered to site. This system uses less concrete and is quicker and cheaper than conventional concrete slabs.
Top 11 Benefits of Rib and Block Concrete slab system
1. The rib and block system can be easily used to increase your living space by adding another story to your existing house.
2. Approximately 30-40% less concrete required compared to conventional slabbing systems. Up to 30% savings of total cost is achievable compared to cast-in-situ concrete slabs.
3. Significant weight reduction offering lucrative savings on design, concrete support structure, transport and installation.
4. No crane or large working spaces required as the concrete slabs are easy and light to install.
5. Installation period is quicker than conventional concrete slabbing systems and therefore a quicker turn over time for your project.
6. Reduction in skilled labor due to the simplicity of the system and ease of product handling.
7. Product is suitable for all development types including commercial, industrial, domestic, schools and low cost housing.
8. Props can be removed earlier than with cast-in-situ slabs, saving on the cost of prop hire.
9. Unsupported span of up to 7 meters is possible with the Pro Rib and Block concrete slab system.
10. Reduced stripping time of 7 – 10 days after concrete pour. Saving in temporary propping compared to conventional slabbing systems.
11. Allows you to build on steep sites therefore utilizing previously wasted space.
Whatever you want to do, build on to your existing house or build a whole new complex. We can help you cut building time and costs by a big margin anywhere in Mpumalanga.
Give us a call
Vanessa: 064 751 8235
Warwick: 072 879 1595
John: 072 879 1535